All of us are concerned about the spread of the Covid-19 virus. While there is currently no known community spread of the virus in Lincoln, we are going to be proactive in our efforts to keep our clients and employees as safe as possible during this time. We are closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC and other health organizations.
FIRST, SOME GOOD NEWS: Based on the best available information from the World Health Organization, dogs do not appear to be at risk to contract or carry the COVID-19 virus.
While health and safety standards and procedures are followed on a daily basis at Pet Central Station we want to make you aware of the extra precautions we’re taking.
1. Our employees are sanitizing their hands frequently and will be washing their hands thoroughly every hour or more often as needed. We’ve retrained our entire staff on the importance of thorough and frequent hand-washing – fronts, backs, wrists, between fingers – with soap and warm water for at least twenty seconds each time.
2. We are sanitizing every touchable surface in the store hourly, or more often depending on the traffic. This includes entrance and exit doors, freezer doors, pens, and all counter surfaces.
3. We are happy to open any doors for you to prevent you having to touch any surface area in the store. We will pull any products that you need and carry them to your car.
4. We offer call ahead curbside pickup. Just call and let us know what you need, we will take payment over the phone, and we’ll bring it out to you when you arrive. We ask that you use this service if you are sick or have any symptoms to prevent the spreading of germs.
5. If you are planning on purchasing more than 2 bags to stock up on food or supplies, please let us know by end of business day on Sunday (4 pm), and your order will be available on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the item.We know of no disruptions to our supply chain at this time, so fully expect to be able to continue business as usual for the foreseeable future.
We believe we speak for every brick and mortar, independent store in our community in thanking you for supporting local small business, especially during this time of uncertainty.
We will, of course, be monitoring the situation closely, and will update you immediately if there are any changes. Until then, be safe, wash your hands, and most importantly, hug your pets